Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Flag is Beautiful


Yesterday was Memorial Day. Like many people, we had the BBQ here at home. Later, we got our kids together and I showed a short video that I got online that was patriotic pictures to the music of "I'm Proud to Be An American". I ended up emotional afterwards as I commented to my children.



We are so blessed to have this free country, at the loss of so many who fought for our freedom. Afterwards, we went to the local cemetery, but not because we have family members resting there. It is because on this day every year, they post hundreds of American flags (and two Canadian flags!) with a name on the staff of a serviceman. It is a beautiful sight. I have no trouble walking around, enjoying the flags, flowers and beauty and looking at headstones. It is amazingly beautiful.




No comments: