Friday, March 7, 2008

Why Didn't I Take Anti-Depressants Sooner...and other life altering questions....


This is the age old question...one some of you may have asked yourselves in the past (or may need to in the future.) I, for one, am thankful for them! How else would I have done the following:

1. Remained the mother of 6 biological children...how many of us would have really survived?

2. Somehow talked my husband into buying me 61 handbells that reside upstairs and bring many ding-a-lings like myself happiness every week?

3. Had the courage to suggest adopting 2 Chinese daughters, let alone do it?

4. Found many interests in my life, ranging from genealogy, and playing the cello to volunteering in an awesome charity (Love Without Boundaries) that helps orphan children in China?

5. Felt I have a productive, fulfilling life?

I have had two periods of time where I kept a blog. I enjoy reading other people's blogs. So, I have decided to start my own blog, hoping this will also serve as a journal and a scrapbook, thereby saving myself from 3 separate jobs!

I have kept many records during my life...starting with a 5 year diary began when I was 10 or 11 years old. When that was full, I filled volumes of journals, both in hardback journals and in spiral notebooks. In the past several..OK...many years, I have not kept very detailed records of my life. I figure at this point, it is better than nothing! Sure it is more public, too, but life is for sharing, right?

I kept a blog on my two adoption trips to China, one in 2006 and one about a month or so ago, in 2008. As I begin this Blog, I am 45 years old, married with 6 biological children ages 11-23 and 2 adopted Chinese daughters ages 9 and 10.

Yes, life truly throws many interesting questions at us. It is our job to answer these questions. Maybe I will just do that here, in some small measure.

No comments: